After-Hours Emergency Veterinary Care
Contact Vista Veterinary Specialists
OPEN: 24 Hours
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is exhibiting any unusual symptoms or behaviors, please contact our office or the after-hours emergency pet hospital listed above right away.
In most emergency situations, the dependable and compassionate team at Bruceville Pet Hospital provides veterinary care for pets. Animals are our passion, and we take pride in providing high-quality medical care when your pet is in desperate need.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you have a veterinary emergency, please follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - Call us right away during regular business hours. Call the emergency animal hospital listed above after hours to let them know you're on your way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you're on your way, you may be given instructions on how to administer first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Pay close attention to these instructions.
- Remain Calm - Maintain a calm demeanor and exercise extra caution around your pet. When an animal is in pain, it frequently reacts negatively to anyone attempting to assist it, biting or scratching.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Don't put yourself in danger! Bring your pet to our Elk Grove veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location listed above in a secure manner.
To learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at Bruceville Pet Hospital, read through our most frequently asked questions below.
- Do I need to call ahead?
During our regular clinic hours, Bruceville Pet Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs. While it is always preferable to contact us in advance, we understand that this is not always possible in emergency situations.
If we are unable to accommodate your pet, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency veterinarian location listed above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday:08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Tuesday:08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Wednesday:08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Thursday:08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Friday:08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday:08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Sunday:08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Like a human doctor's office, our Elk Grove animal hospital can be unpredictable, and you may have to wait.
We have no way of knowing what cases we will encounter or when they will arrive. If at all possible, call ahead to see if we can provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to accommodate an emergency appointment with our veterinarian, we recommend that you go to the animal emergency hospital listed above, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies necessitate 24-hour care. If your pet requires an overnight stay we will refer you to the nearest 24-hour pet hospital and work closely with the team there to ensure your pet receives the best care possible.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians see cats and dogs.
New Patients Welcome at Bruceville Pet Hospital
We are happily accepting new patients at our conveniently located Elk Grove veterinary clinic! Our experienced vets are passionate about the health of companion animals. Reach out today to book your pet's first appointment.